The Network Simulator w / Designer (NetSim w / Visualizer) provides a virtual lab environment where a router/switch network can be simulated. The software is primarily intended for candidates preparing for CCENT ™, CCNA ™, or ICND2 ™ examinations, although it can be used by anyone wishing to learn the networking using Cisco® routers and switches.
Important features of the NetSim software:
– Several lab exercises with scenario type labs have been provided for hands-on practice.
– Router and switch IOS simulator for ease of learning Cisco router/switch commands.
– Simulate Cisco® IOS routers (805, 806, 1710, 1720, 2501, 2503, 2610, 2620, 2621, 3620, 3640) or switches (1912, 2950, 2960-8TC-L, 2960-24TT-L).
– Connectors available are Serial, Ethernet, IsdnBri, Frame Relay, Fast Ethernet.
– Detailed Lab Manual provided.
– Support for 200+ router and switch commands.
– Labs for 19xx, 29xx switches and 25xx / 26xx routers included.
– Detailed help files include step by step methods for using network designer, IOS simulator, and lab exercises.
– A network designer that provides a drag-n-drop feature for inserting devices and connectors. A GUI-based device configurator is provided for easy network configuration.
– STP, and PVSTP protocols have been supported by switch modules enabling students to experiment using Spanning Tree Protocol.
– Design your own labs using any number of switches and routers.